Friday, October 25, 2013

How green are you?

Today is a good moment to talking about environmental issues, because in this moment the earth has a huge problem of pollution and every day is getting worse (every day increase the water pollution, the air pollution, the atmospheric pollution, etc.). The humankind causes this problem to the earth and that is the worst part. But we have time to change this situation. This is the moment to doing the things right, to help our planet and save it and save us of destruction (or another dark future).

Well ... we have a problem because nobody in the school, high school, college or university tells us about the environmental problem. Maybe a couple of friends can tell us a little or a teacher of biology, but they don’t say us how we can solve this. The solution is search in the web information about the environmental problem and how we can solve this problem: what is it, how we can stop the pollution or our carbon footprint, how we can recycle the old things, etc.

For my part, I use internet to watch videos (youtube.com) how I can contribute to decrease my carbon footprint, like recycling things (old plastics bottles, old bags, and another old things). I contribute riding bike or walking in the short distance too. Also I recycle the carton box and all the soda or beer can.


There are many organizations that you can support, Greenpeace is the most popular, and you could be a member donating a few of money. I’m actually no a member of any organization, I do the work for my own. I would like to separate the thrash in “plastic”, “metal” and “organic” but at least all the thrash (in Chile) go for the same part, even if it is apart. 

I think that our society are missing the appreciation for the nature and concentrate in disposable products. This situation could be our bigger mistake and I don’t want to know how this will finish.  

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you! The society is missing the appreciation for the nature and this is terrible! Because we are a part of it! Without nature we aren't anything... someone should teach these in the school

    ReplyDelete